users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [ANN] JAX-RS API 2.1-m06 has been released

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:47:41 +0200

Dear experts,

JAX-RS API 2.1-m06 has been released.

List of changes:

- removed traces of Non-Blocking I/O API, Flow interface and consequent
modifications of SSE API
- added @PATCH and support for making patch requests on the client side
- ExecutorService and ScheduleExecutorService setting for the client
- ServiceLoader is used for discovery of RuntimeDelegate (and other
services)
- jar file contains module-info.class.

Please let us know any comments, we'd be especially grateful for tests
of the runtime delegate lookup in various environments and the
information whether added module-info.class causes any issues.

I noticed one potential place for improvement - after removal of methods
from Flow.Subscriber from SseEventSink, we haven't re-add a possibility
to register error and close listeners, so the only chance to get the
error or state is to check the returned value from SseEventSink#send or
call "isClosed". Is that all what is needed?

As always, any comments are appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Pavel