users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Native support for additional HTTP methods

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 16:59:55 +0200

Trace already is supported in the Client API, see
https://github.com/jax-rs/api/blob/master/jaxrs-api/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/client/SyncInvoker.java#L341

CONNECT would be different story. Client does connect when using PROXY
to access the server resource, but the implications of supporting that
in the API are not trivial. CONNECT X usually follows with some response
and the same connection then must be used to send another HTTP request.
Since JAX-RS Client doesn't have any notion of state or a connection and
it would be non-trivial to add. (Not to mention that we don't really
want to do it).

But I didn't say that to discourage you - if you have a use case which
would fit and be reasonable to have in REST client, please share it.

Thanks and regards,
Pavel