users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Server Sent Events feedback + EDR

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:57:13 +0100

Hi Sergey,

Flow.Subscription is going away. That part of the API is a sample of how
things will look like when 2.1 is released - we will remove as much as
possible from Flow.*. If there is something which cannot be removed
(like Subscription), we'll consider the usecase (SSE in this case) and
copy it into JAX-RS somehow (SseSubscription).

I know that it feels odd (and it is) to have this done on part of the
API and not on another part, but it was part of the internal review
process and my arguments were ignored..

Is this clearer now?

Thanks and regards,
Pavel