users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Why is "Entity" class final

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:19:13 +0200

You can come up with an entity generating code. Esp. for Entity it should be simple to implement. The arguments that you provide do not justify your requirement to make Entity non-final. You could as well argue for making String non-final… It just makes little sense IMO as problems would greatly outweigh any potential benefits.

Marek