users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Support for JSONB

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 11:37:58 +0200

Since JSON-P 1.0 and likely also JSON-B 1.0 won't be available in a
"modular" form, even if an implementing product from a JAX-RS point would
only have to implement 2 or 3 of the API elements, they still need to
include the entire javax.json-api. Which is however not so terribly big
(20kb)

The only JSRs that are even more modular to my knowledge are JSR 361 and
363 where the spec explicitly declares OPTIONALITY, so one may find a JAR
that contains just these mandatory elements, not the rest of the API.
Getting them down to just a few kb, obviously for SE/EE this probably won't
matter as much here;-)

Werner