users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: JAX-WS like Provider in JAX-RS

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:32:04 +0000

Hi All:

https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-507

Note I'd like to stress that this is exactly what I meant, having a
resource method HTTP method annotation that matches any HTTP method.

No plan there to have it used for matching any otherwise failed matches.
It is not a workaround against the perceived limitations of the
selection algorithm to do with supporting paths or media types.

Example, if I have a @DefaultMethod on @Path("a") then no way it will
get a selection if it is a "/b" request.

IMHO it is indeed rather interesting to examine the possibility of
supporting a default handler that would be invoked should a selection
algorithm fail to match any resource method but IMHO it would be better
if such an option is discussed in a separate thread.

It is a simple enhancement request which may help in some cases.

Thanks, Sergey