users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Can "Exploring support for non-blocking I/O in providers" be prioritized

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:12:44 +0000

Hi

As I said earlier, one concern with JSR370 being based on Java 8 is that
it will take several years for a number of users to move to JSR370
implementations. Given JSR 339 have been available for a couple of years
or so it can become a big gap for such users working with JAX-RS and
wishing to migrate asap.
I'd like to propose to consider prioritizing on the enhancements that
can be 'back-merged' into existing 2.0 implementations. The NIO support
appears to be one of such enhancements.
No problems if it is considered not to be a viable approach

Cheers, Sergey