users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: [jsr339-experts] MVC

From: Leonardo Uribe <lu4242_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:27:45 -0500

Hi

AT> So I think that probably the most interesting thing to add to this
AT> discussion is some concrete use cases that demonstrate why JAX-RS MVC is
AT> exactly necessary.

I think it is important here to remember that we have different groups of
users, making applications in different ways, and it is too hard to put all
of them in a single box.

From my personal point of view, JAX-RS MVC has sense because there is people
who thinks that this approach has sense. It is a bad pattern? old fashioned?
Who knows, don't care, but it is something accepted, with an audience and it
has sense to give these guys a standard solution. It is worth to do it? Maybe,
maybe not, but if not why some people still use Spring MVC? could it be that
this approach is easier to understand, and only that is its own strength?.

regards,

Leonardo