users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: MVC

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:50:13 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> I would however also would like to know what are the things that you would
> like to see in JAX-RS.next?

I know the question was addressed to Bill, but I like to add my 2 cents if
that's okay ;)

What about deprecating @Context and moving everything to @Inject? This is
the direction other parts of the platform are moving into as well
(specifically JSF and in a certain way EJB).

I also like to propose to investigate if some of the security related types
can be moved out of JAX-RS and into a new security related specification.

As it stands a number of specs have their own security types now. JAX-RS
has SecurityContext (
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/core/SecurityContext.html)
with a method to get the user/caller principal and test whether the user is
in a given role, while EJB has the EJBContext (
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ejb/EJBContext.html) with two
identical methods.

I'd love to see a platform wide SecurityContext that can be injected via
@Inject and which would be usable by all types of beans.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms