users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Support for case-insensitive URI parameters ?

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:24:43 +0100

Hi

I've got a question from my colleague re supporting case insensitive URI
parameters.

I don't see anything in the API regarding it so I assume it is all
case-sensitive (PathParam, QueryParam, and MatrixParam), except for
HeaderParam.

I guess it is technically correct. But IMHO it makes sense to relax it
at least for QueryParam and MatrixParam given that they do not affect
the matching algorithm, and would simplify it all for the code dealing
with the query/matrix params. At the very list this may be can be done
optionally, example, UriInfo can have getters for query and matrix param
maps with a 'case-sensitive' flag

Will I open a minor enhancement request ?

Thanks, Sergey