users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Can Reader or Writer interceptors affect the selection of MBR or MBW

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 13:41:12 +0100

On 09/09/13 13:27, Bill Burke wrote:
> I ran into the same problem. I didn't think we agreed on that, but when
> you think about it, the interceptor can change the content-type so it
> makes sense the writer/reader would change underneath.

Yes, I agree, I guess Writer or Reader context implementations should be
prepared to deal with the change of the properties which were used to
select the currently wrapped provider, though I'd say the if the current
MBR or MBW is still capable (isReadable or isWriteable still returns
true) then it should be used

Cheers, Sergey