users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] I'd like to remove _at_Uri

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:28:15 -0500

Injection of WebTargets require the configuration of an underlying
Client. Client configuration will often require SSL configuration
(truststore). Even without SSL, there's connection TTL, connection
pooling configuration, and other things.

I'm not a big fan of having functionality that requires vendor-specific
configuration in order to work. This is why I think we should remove
support for @Uri. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to write a CDI
extension if users wanted to do this, but I think this is beyond the
scope of the JAX-RS spec.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat