users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Priority annotation build issue

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:04:41 +0000

On 12/02/13 16:30, Marek Potociar wrote:
> I have contacted the spec lead of Common Annotations API to release a new version. We'll see how it goes. Note however that Java EE 7 requires Java SE 7.

Thanks Marek; we've agreed though to let the implementations that do not
necessarily target EE environments implement 2.0 API without forcing
them to move to SE 7, so to be honest, and IMHO, it has to be a a
consistent decision on behalf of this group to support this case, though
I'd obviously appreciate a good will gesture from the spec lead of
Common Annotations API -

Example, releasing a SE-6 targeted only version would not affect the
requirement for EE 7 deployments to have core artifacts built with SE7
and such

Cheers, Sergey