users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] cookie caching and retransmittal

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:07:29 -0500

Along with SSL and support for Basic Auth, I really think we should
support client cookies as well. From an API perspective it is quite
simple, IMO. If the ClientBuilder API I'm proposing is accepted, then
just add a cookies(boolean) method. False turns off cookie caching and
retransmittal. IMO, the spec should only mandate in-memory caching of
cookies, and should handle cookie expiration.

 From an implementation point of view though, it is a bit more complex
as you would need to implement the cache with all its expiration
policies. But, IMO, any already existing solution should *ALREADY* be
supporting cookies. So this shouldn't be a big deal.
--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat