users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: get rid of getSize/Length

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:11:12 -0500

I still think getSize() should be banned/deprecated/ignored. Except for
primitives, String, and byte[] the only way getSize() can be calculated
is by buffering the entire message body and finding the length. Not
only that, but getSize() is called *BEFORE* writeTo().

I think gzip encoding has a much higher probability of being used than
any application that might require Content-Length.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat