users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: _at_PreMatching and _at_NameBinding

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 09:34:15 -0500

Hi Arun,

On Dec 28, 2012, at 6:45 PM, Arun Gupta <arun.p.gupta_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> @PreMatching javadoc says:
>
> -- cut here --
> Global binding annotation that can be applied to a container request filter to indicate that such filter should be applied globally on all resources in the application before the actual resource matching occurs.
> -- cut here
>
> Does that mean @PreMatching can be put on filters that have @NameBinding ?

 Name binding is, of course, post-matching by definition. I don't think the spec is currently forbidding the case of a container request filter being executed at pre _and_ post extension points. So, I'd say the answer is "yes".

> Or restricted to a specific resource using DynamicFeature ?

 I'm not sure how DynamicFeature relates to your first question. Can you elaborate?

-- Santiago