users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Ad JAX_RS_SPEC-257: Unification of MessageProcessingException and ClientException

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:34:40 +0100

+1

From: Marek Potociar [mailto:marek.potociar_at_oracle.com]
Sent: Freitag, 2. November 2012 11:47
To: jsr339-experts_at_jax-rs-spec.java.net
Subject: [jsr339-experts] Ad JAX_RS_SPEC-257: Unification of
MessageProcessingException and ClientException

Hello experts,

For full context, please check out the proposal from Bill Burke:
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-257

While I still need to think about this a little bit more, off the top of my
head it seems like an interesting idea to me: We may perhaps be able to
consolidate the ClientException and MessageProcessingException to a single
ProcessingException that would be used on both, client and server, not only
in case of filter/interceptor failures but also in all cases where
ClientException has been used before (any client errors).

One reservation I had is that it would be a bit harder to distinguish where
did the error came from. But it does not seem to be such a big deal...

In any case, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

Marek