users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Feature Proposal: Using @RolesAllowed for JAX-RS resources

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:48:29 +0000

Markus, what do you think about this:

Explore the option of extending OPTIONS, by introducing 'X_OPTIONS' or
something similar...

X_OPTIONS returns Allow for all the current URI but also for all the
'sub' URIS

Consider:

/a
/a/b
/a/b/c

"OPTIONS /a" will return Allow possible on '/a' but not on 'a/b', etc.

1. X_OPTIONS /a returns, in pseudo HTML response:

"/a : GET, PUT"
"/a/b : PUT"
"/a/b/c : PUT, POST"

2. X_OPTIONS /a/b returns, in pseudo HTML response:

"/a/b : PUT"
"/a/b/c : PUT, POST"

3. X_OPTIONS /a/b/c returns, in pseudo HTML response:

"/a/b/c : PUT, POST"

IMHO, it the very first step. If it were supported at HTTP level then
the idea of doing a single 'pre-emptive' X_OPTIONS at the time a user of
the monolitic UI which can deal with different resource URIs can become
more interesting - I'd still debate whether it would be supported at the
  JAX-RS level, but at least it would be a start IMHO

Sergey