users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Updates to the JAX-RS async API

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:28:33 +0100

Experts,
please review the changes proposed in the async API that I juts pushed to the public code repository:

http://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/sources/git/revision/ee9baeab1acbe8f16cdae025f16b75d8185a302e

The changes I am proposing are meant to make the API easier to use and understand by the end users. Here's the summary:

- declarative and programmatic suspend defined as exclusive (use either @Suspend or ExecutionContext.suspend(...), but
not both)
- new setSuspendTimeout(...) method added to the ExecutionContext (to compensate for the change above)
- ExecutionContext.suspend(...) methods do not return Future<?> anymore
- new isDone(), isSuspended(), isCancelled() methods added to the ExecutionContext (to compensate for the change above)
- async example updated to match the new API

Thank you,
Marek