users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Client initialization on server-side

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:54:42 -0500

On Feb 14, 2012, at 12:40 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

>> Could you comment on [1] to keep track of this?
>>
>> -- Santiago
>>
>> [1] http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-170
>>

> FYI, I think this is a blocker issue as it will be impossible to support scanning without some way of designating a filter/interceptor as client or server only. I made some comments on the issue.

 I added a comment as well. I'm trying to understand what is the environment and scope for this feature. There's two parts: (i) injection and (ii) configuration. Is injection allowed in all JAX-RS managed beans, EE managed beans, CDI beans, etc? What is the scope of the class scanning process? What about a plain SE app?

-- Santiago