users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: No way to disable a Feature

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:11:54 +0100

On 12/12/2011 03:48 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> While the Feature interface has a onDisable() method, there's no way for the onDisable() method to be able to unregister
> providers. The Configuration.getProviderXXXX() methods return immutable sets.

Please clarify - are you suggesting to remove onDisable() and deffer the disabling mechanism to the Feature
implementation or to add a common API for feature disabling?

> Also, the Configuration.setProperty() method should state that if the property value is null, then this means to delete
> the property....OR...a removeProperty() method should be added.

Can you (or anyone) think of a valid use case when a property can be expected to contain 'null' value? If not, I'll
update the setProperty(...) javadoc shortly.

Marek