users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New to the group - comments on the current draft

From: Sastry Malladi <m_sastry_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:01:05 -0800 (PST)

Created issue  http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-157 , as suggested.

BTW, for other providers it is not an issue because the people who are writing the providers  (these are not typically application developers, but platform/system developers who are providing the container) can instrument the providers to measure the metrics and also the newly introduced interceptors/Handlers will help with that as well, specifically for EntityProviders. That's how this discussion started, to see if the spec can provide this interceptor mechanism not just to the entity providers, but for resource methods as well.

Sastry