users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Can UriInfo be visible on the client side ?

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:17:46 +0000

On 20/12/11 16:02, Marek Potociar wrote:
> Might make sense. Please, elaborate on the concrete proposal including
> the potential use cases you see.

I believe the methods you had removed from Request were among other
things, meant to help the client filters to check what the current URI
is and such;
I proposed to get those methods 'collapsed' into a reference to UriInfo
but UriInfo has some methods which only make sense on the server-side.
So this proposal is not a new one, but rather is an attempt to see if it
makes sense to get Request providing a reference to request URI but also
to minimize the duplication by getting UriInfo split

I'm not sure now if it's a good idea, once more interface; but I believe
you also added an injectable Uri interface - so may be that can become a
super interface for UriInfo, not really sure
Sergey