users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: request no properties, response has properties

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:14:46 +0100

On 12/19/2011 04:23 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> Actually, maybe a properites map should be shared between request, response, filter, and handler and each of these
> interfaces should have a getProperites() method. I know Servlet request has attributes which are used a lot when
> forwarding requests and the app wants to send information along with the forwarding. If JAX-RS ever has the ability to
> forward requests, then a properties map on Request might be needed too.
>
> http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-150

Ok, makes a lot of sense, let's add the method to the Request. We need to javadoc the connection between these methods.
Also, just to make sure we are on the same page, we are talking about one single property bag instance reused by all the
components as part of a single req/resp processing, aren't we?

IOW: ctx.getProperties() == request.getProperties() == response.getProperties() (in the scope of a single request)

Marek