users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Request interface duplicates MBRs, HttpHeaders and UriInfo

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:18:38 +0000

On 15/12/11 15:13, Marek Potociar wrote:

>>> This reminds me of the similar discussion we had about FilterContext.
>>> Users do not implement HttpHeaders, right ? What BW compatibility issues
>>> do you see users hitting in case of HttpHeaders being updated further ?
>>>

>> I was thinking about these types of classes which exist in JAX-RS 1.1 but don't fit very well in JAX-RS 2.0 (Request
>> is a great example). What if we pretended that some of these interfaces just didn't exist, start with a clean state
>> and define something cleaner? Then just depracate the old interfaces. I know Servlet (and the JDK) has done this a
>> bunch of times with various classes and methods.
>
> That's what we are trying to do with HttpHeaders.

I'm just feeling sorry for HttpHeaders here or indeed for a perfect
combination of original JAX-RS 1.0 quartet of UriInfo, HttpHeaders,
MBR+MBW and Request completely and unambiguously covering the 'request'
space;

By the way, Marek, hope you will address my concerns in the prev email
as well

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin