jsr370-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

Re: Client proxy framework

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:52:14 +0100

Anyway, back to the topic,
On 20/10/15 15:09, Bill Burke wrote:
> For multiple @Consumes, client just picks one based on registered
> MBWs. Usually not an issue unless people are sharing interfaces
> between the client and server.
That can still be tricky if providers for either media type is
supported. FYI, our code generator, WADL based as it happens, can
produce something like postXML, postJSON, etc, in such cases, to make
things obvious, however it does not have to be done that way...

> We never did async, but it could be as simple as:
>
> @GET
> @Async
> Future<MyData> get();
>
> @GET
> @Async
> void get(InvocationCallback callback);
>

> Again, I want to say that this feature has been available to our users
> for 6+ years. It is very easy to implement and simple to use for
> those that like that kind of style. IMO, this could be one of the
> "sexy" features that entices users to upgrade to JAX-RS 2.1.
+1. Whatever minor issues with proxy APIs are that can be sorted out if
there's a will.