jsr370-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

Re: Proposed Plan

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 21:31:24 -0400

On 10/5/2015 9:31 AM, Santiago Pericasgeertsen wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> After a discussion with Marek, and mainly due to the slowness of the
> JSR thus far, I’d like to propose that we prioritize on what we consider
> the main features of the 2.1 release (in hindsight, we may have included
> too many features for a dot release!):

Sorry I've been AFK from list...

> (1) Reactive API

What's this?

> (2) Non-blocking I/O

I don't remember the proposals here. IMO, we need to be careful that
we're writing something to scale REST invocations better and not
something to write some hacked protocol tunneled over HTTP.

> (3) SSE

Are we sure this standard is being used? Its been more than a year
(two?) since we've argued over it. Anybody know what is winning the
"push" protocol wars?

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat