jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: MVC

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:43:24 -0400

I will say this again:

I am highly skeptical/violently opposed to defining an MVC framework
inside of JAX-RS. If other specifications, like JSF, want tighter
integration with JAX-RS, let them worry about it.

On 6/29/2014 12:39 PM, Markus KARG wrote:
> So my proposal would be, go with separated PDFs provided by a joint EG,
> keeping JAX-RS clean of MVC, but allow frameworks like JSF to use the
> technical core of JAX-RS if that is beneficial for them.

+1000. Keep MVC out of JAX-RS. I'm fine defining simple things like
forwards and some way of transfering properties around. But, we should
only be defining APIs/SPIs to make creating MVC frameworks possible, not
implementing one ourselves in JAX-RS.