jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: MVC

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:32:16 -0400

So far I just have little things that I've run into over the past year:

* Basic Auth support in the client API
* Allow ContainerRequestContext and ContainerResponseContext to be
injectable via @Context.
* add method for obtaining client IP address to ContainerRequestContext
* Injectable ContainerRequestContext allows properties to be viewed/set
in JAX-RS methods
* Injectable ContainerResponseContext allows Locators to add things like
cookies to the response.
* Some standard way of doing a forward like in Servlet spec.
* Allow filters to be bindable via a @Path expression.
* @Context should work directly with application class. i.e. you should
be able to inject

class MyApplication extends Application {}

via

@Context MyApplication app;