jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: What is conclusion to matching algorithm issues?

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:40:08 +0200

On May 22, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5/22/2013 5:59 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>
>> To that comment I could retort that what you are fighting for is an edge case artificially crafted to demonstrate the problem. How many users in their would design their resources this way IRL?
>>

> Its not artificial. When I refactored Resteasy to conform to the more limiting (for no good reason) spec algorithm a regression test failed:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RESTEASY-636
>
> This is a user reported issue.

I see, thanks for the pointer.

FWIW, after I managed to decipher the code attached to the issue, it seems to me that moving the DELETE resource method from parent resource to the sub-resource should solve the problem, which even makes sense - if you want to support DELETE directly on the sub-resource URI, you should handle it in the sub-resource class.

Marek