jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Concerns about JAX-RS spec 326

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:48:16 -0500

Not sure I understand the issue, but IMO, the TCK should be challenged
if a backward compatible method signature change was done. For example,
Java 5 had a huge number of backward compatible signature changes
because of generics. Java EE should be the same.

BTW, I hate the TCK signature tests in general. For one, Java EE does
not allow you to upgrade JAX-RS 1.1 to 2.0 within a certified EE 6
container, even though JAX-RS 2.0 is a standalone spec and is backward
compatible. The signature tests will fail too. This is something that
needs to be fixed. I know there are a huge number of customers that
will want to stick with Java EE 6, but use JAX-RS 2.0.