jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] FW: Please discuss http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-293

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:45:09 +0100

Markus,
DynamicFeature is a deploy time concept and will remain to be deploy time concept. Votes on the Jira issue will not change my opinion. Especially as there is no way to cast -1 votes.

Filters an make their decision based on HTTP headers already. If we did what you are suggesting it would have a significant negative impact on performance because we would have to consult the features and assemble a new filter chain with every incoming request.

Regards,
Marek