jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Feature Proposal: Using _at_RolesAllowed for JAX-RS resources

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:27:44 +0100

> Well, if we talk about an HTTP client making the decisions on how to
> talk to the server application, the fact that the server may've been
> implemented with Java EE is an implementation detail of the server.
>
> You are proposing for the spec to support for the client be written
> with the specific knowledge that the server is running on top of EE.
>
> How will this client application if someone rewrites the server with
> PHP ? Will that break the client expectations ?

No I do not proposing the spec to support anything special in the client for
anything special in the server, please carefully check what I actually
proposed. The client is dependent of pure http. The server is producing pure
http. The only relation to Java EE is on the server side.

As the interface is defined by pure http means, certainly such a client will
run rather perfectly with PHP server. I do not bind the client to anything
server specific. Nothing broken.