jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: FYI: ResourceContext API proposed

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:35:25 +0200

Hi Sergey,

This issue was discussed already (a long time ago though), but we didn't seem to agree on anything particular. So I thought I'd try this approach that may work better.

Also, I'd like to make it clear that the proposals I sent for review are certainly not carved into stone (see all the changes we're still making even in the API's that were approved earlier). If the EG decides we should ditch the API and rather defer the issue resolution to another release, we will remove the API. If EG decides to change the API, we will change it.

What I could do instead is to always create new branches and first commit the proposals to these branches. Once approved I could merge those to master. However, again, this approach was earlier consider by this EG as too difficult to follow and committing directly to master seemed to be the preferred way. The changes are more readily viewable on the web site, in the snapshot API docs or maven artifacts etc. But, if we want to revisit this and perhaps change the process, we can.

Now to the issue - it's true that this issue was initially reviewed by EG and it was considered as CRITICAL - IOW something that MUST be addressed in JAX-RS 2.0. But that still does not imply that we have to accept my proposal, if there's a better solution.

Marek