jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: longer public draft stage...

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:52:27 +0200

On Jul 2, 2012, at 10:18 PM, Jan Algermissen wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2012, at 7:13 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
>
>> All,
>> It would be really cool if the public draft stage of this spec could last awhile. Like 3+ months. I'd also like to suggest that public draft doesn't start until there is at least one JAX-RS 2.0 alpha implementation existing. I think we want people playing with this stuff before we get to final so that we get good user feedback, etc...
>
> +1
>
> Tried picking up the current state and only from reading, it feels problematic to grasp the implications of every bit.

Based on the time dedicated to the spec as entered in their nominations I would expect all EG members to be more/less up-to-date with the latest spec development. If that's not the case, it's does not seem to be a problem of the spec schedule as such. It's certainly not like we've been cooking something in private for half a year and only now exposed it to public or to EG members for a review.

> Which implementations are out there so far? And how much do they cover?

Jersey 2.0 milestones are on par with JAX-RS 2.0 API for about half a year now. See my other answer to Bill as well as my answer to your private email sent to the Jersey team[1] for details.

Marek

[1] http://java.net/projects/jersey/lists/users/archive/2012-07/message/1