jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] _at_PostMatch vs. _at_PreMatch

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:01:24 +0200

When I filed the original request for JAX-RS specific filters (in contrast
to proprietary Jersey filters or to environment dependent Servlet filters) I
had in mind mostly the filters we needed to implement Microsoft-compatible
WebDAV dialects. All of them must be pre-matching, as they modify URLs and
method names. But certainly there may be other use cases where post-matching
makes sense. So my vote goes for pre-match as default, which induces a need
for an explicit post-match annotation.