jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: FilterAction and FilterContext

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 09:46:26 -0500

On 12/2/11 7:25 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
> I cannot stop wondering how a single interface can cause such strong feelings. :)

I'll be blunt here...Because, for me at least, this is just another
small example of over-designing. The whole client interface is littered
with the same kind mistakes and it just becomes aggravating and
frustrating the more times you see it and the more times you have to
argue over something simple.

Just on Tuesday I had a meeting with a junior developer that works for
me. He was trying to understand 2.0 by looking at the javadocs and was
having a hard time. When I told him to check out the examples, it was a
lot easier for him, but still, just looking at the API was a barrier for
him.

Anyways, thats my rant for the week. Enjoy....