jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Request interface duplicates MBRs, HttpHeaders and UriInfo

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:13:56 -0500

On 12/15/11 7:42 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> Please understand that we want to keep the amount of potential BW
>> incompatibilities to an absolute minimum.
>
> This reminds me of the similar discussion we had about FilterContext.
> Users do not implement HttpHeaders, right ? What BW compatibility issues
> do you see users hitting in case of HttpHeaders being updated further ?

I was thinking about these types of classes which exist in JAX-RS 1.1
but don't fit very well in JAX-RS 2.0 (Request is a great example).
What if we pretended that some of these interfaces just didn't exist,
start with a clean state and define something cleaner? Then just
depracate the old interfaces. I know Servlet (and the JDK) has done
this a bunch of times with various classes and methods.

Bill