jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Making Request/Response + builders generic?

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:34:07 +0100

>> What the tool can do with '? extends Bar' ?.
>
> Again, I don't think this is the norm. But of course this wouldn't help the tool as much.

We have many many cases where users are asking how to do XmlSeeAlso
added and we have a feature which allows to handle additional JAXB
contexts, specifically to handle such cases, based on the demand

>> As far as the tooling is concerned. In CXF we addressed this issue by adding a dedicated annotation. For example, facilitating the auto-generation of WADL and helping users produce a robust server side code are two orthogonal issues.
>
> How does that annotation look like? For the case in which wildcards are needed in Java types, I'd expect that annotation to be quite hairy. Is it not?

Does it have to be hairy ?
How about
@ResponseClasses {
     @ResponseClass(A.class)
     @ResponseClass(B.class)
}

or

@ResponseClass(A.class)

Note I'm not that strongly opposed to Response<Bar> - I'm just feeling
possibly wrongly that could make things a bit messier - may be I'm wrong

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com