jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Update in the client configuration API flow

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:19:40 -0400

On 9/25/11 4:23 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Thinking more about it, IMHO Invocation.asRequestBuilder has to go.
> The reason being is that it allows for two alternative flows doing the
> same thing joined.
> invocationFlexibility() shows this and I think it's not a very good
> idea. First we create a nearly completely initialized invocation and
> then we repeat the process, still inside possibly the same chain, the
> re-initialization...

Yup, the whole API is forced in various situations which was what I was
trying to convey a few weeks ago. I also think request(accept) is very
weird and doesn't read well, but didn't say anything,
...well...because..., if the API didn't have a "bug" in it, there's very
little chance of arguing a change. Combine this with a complex
hierarchy and you have a poor client API.

Bill