jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] properties, Invocation, Client, and Resource

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:51:26 -0400

One thing I've found a need for is for interceptors to be able to access
properties set on the Client and/or WebResource instance. For example a
digital signature interceptor would want access to the private key to
sign a request with. A private key might be set for each request, or
might be set as a default property on the Client (or WebResource).

The way I've done it within Resteasy is that each
Invocation/ClientRequest's property map is a copy of the Client's
property map. Then, the interceptor only has to access the Invocation's
property map and will either get something specific to the request, or
defaulted at the Client level.

Get what I'm saying? Or is my explanation horrible?