jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Proposal to downgrade [JAX_RS_SPEC-39] Client Cache Support to MINOR

From: Bill <bill_at_dehora.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 00:56:33 +0100

On 10/05/11 17:45, Markus KARG wrote:

> So I just do not see any technical reason to *not* implement caching in the JAX-RS API

I'm not inclined to think we can get a HTTP Cache API right never mind a
reference implementation (what would it cache 'to'?).

> or have a need for configuration.

Ok. I think we could allow a Cache to be "transparently" added as a
client filter if the cache directives were cleanly exposed.

I imagine we'll have the same discussion on transparently introducing
Authorization support so a common pattern seems desirable.

Bill