jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Annotations CoC [Was: Convention Over Configuration]

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:33:41 -0400

My biggest problem with pluggable Coc is that the same exact piece of
code could behave differently depending on how you deploy it. A new
developer, just coming to maintain a particular project, would have to
1st look at the configuration file to see how it behaved, then the
documentation of the CoC plugin.

Personally, I've always hated implicit "magical" behavior when having to
debug or refactor somebody elses code.