jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Convention Over Configuration

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:40:46 -0400

On 3/12/11 12:46 PM, Guilherme Silveira wrote:
>>> FYI: Resteasy does have thousands of users and is used by many of our
>>> customers in production.
> So does EJB 2.0. Adpotance doesn't ensure design quality (but might
> ensure correctness), and is exactly this case. If the design was
> another, it would easily allow to make *anything* change in a
> compatible way, but it doesnt.

I'm just saying resteasy obviously doesn't suck as Markus seemed to
suggest considering there are a few alternatives out there...TBH, I have
had zero people asking me for code by convention. On our lists,
customers, when I give JAX-RS talks, etc. Code by convention is useful
in some situations, in this one, I"m not convinced it is. Because I have
zero people asking for this feature, and we have a solid user base, I'll
stick to my opinion.