jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Convention Over Configuration

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:41:10 +0100

> Having applications behave differently per JAX-RS implementation is not
> in the best interest of JAX-RS

Remind that this is JAX-RS 2.0 and not JAX-RS 1.2, so we are free to define
a changed behaviour if a majority of experts vote for it. 100% backwards
compatibility is not essential, otherwise we couldn't fix some particular
problems anyway. I have no problem with changing my application when
migrating to 2.0, while I would have a problem with that when migrating to
1.2.

> For your users because they are using your framework. I know it will
> break mine.

Possibly is more a problem of your framework then and less one of the
specification?

Regards
Markus