jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: First steps

From: Guilherme Silveira <guilherme.silveira_at_caelum.com.br>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 14:48:33 -0300

Hi there,

>> c) hypermedia => JAX_RS_SPEC-52
>> d) MVC support => JAX_RS_SPEC-53
Should we add details and questions soon, while
discussing/implementing each one of those?

>> i) ease of use, e.g. DRY
Support defaults everywhere configuration is required, by supporting a
default configuration (and allowing all defaults to be configurable).
For instance, do not repeat json and xml serialization configuration
in two places (i.e. let the framework know you do it just once).
Other miscs related to dry:
Avoid repeating URIs all over the place.
Avoid using Strings for configuring reflection based information
(thus, avoid annotations that receive Strings instead of types too)

DRY is to not repeat what has been already mentioned, for example,
what was just posted on pojo repeats the word pk 3 times, the word
path twice. It repeats the notion of param when describing, well, a
param. DRY would be to remove all those repetitions (from the entire
resource schemas).

Regards

Guilherme Silveira
Caelum | Ensino e Inovação