jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Annotations CoC [Was: Convention Over Configuration]

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:23:35 +0100

On 03/17/2011 10:05 PM, Adam Bien wrote:
> IMHO readability of the code is the best without any annotations :-)

What I mean by readability should be actually renamed to understandability. :)
It means that one can look at the code and directly infer from it what it does, without a broader context or without
having to consult additional information sources. Annotations bloat code to certain extent, but at the same time they
provide useful additional meta data about the code to make it more understandable.

> Putting the name of the method inside @Path would violate the DRY principle.

Not if it is considered just a coincidence, which is also our case.

> *DRY + CoC should be a main theme across all specs in Java EE 7*

I thought it is the Cloud... http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=342 ;)

Marek