users@jax-rpc.java.net

Fastinfoset and Handlers

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:05:42 -0000

I have some demo code that works fine in JWSDP 1.5 and I'm trying to move it
to JWSDP 1.6. The code is very simple, I have a JAXRPC based server, and I
install a handler as part of the server. I have a client written using
JAXRPC using the generated stubs. If I run this client against the server
then the client fails to process the response.

The problem appears to be that the server is returning the response encoded
as application/fastinfoset and the client doesn't handle this. The response
is only returned as a fastinfoset if I have a handler installed. The handler
in this case simply logs the request and response and doesn't modify either
in any way. If I remove the handler then the response is encoded as
text/xml. So it appears to be the communication between the handler and the
endpoint that is setting up the fastinfoset.

How do I configure a handler so that it *does not* cause the communication
to go into fastinfoset mode?

Kevin Jones
http://blogs.advantaje.com/blog/kevin