users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-WS: Any help with web services versioning and DII?

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:09:22 -0700

Ryan,
JAX-WS does help with versioning slightly in that it uses JAXB for its
databinding. JAXB by default
is permissive when parsing XML instances in that if it sees an element
or an attribute that it was
not expecting, it will not blow up and I believe it saves the
information somewhere so that the
endpoint can get at the data if needed. As for DII, DII has been
replaced with a much more
powerful Dispatch interface in JAX-WS. With the Dispatch interface you
can have access
to the entire MESSAGE or just the PAYLOAD using a Source object. You
can also use the
Dispatch interface with JAXB objects. There is also a server side
equivalent of the Dispatch
interface called Provider. You can download the JAX-WS 2.0 PFD,
JavaDocs and API sources
at: https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/jax-ws/spec-download.html. You can
dowload the week RI bundle
at: