users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: deserialization error: XML reader error: unexpected character content

From: Kathy Walsh <Kathleen.Walsh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:31:46 -0400

priya-

A DII client in jaxrpc 1.X is intended for use with very simple types.
Collections are not supported for DII clients in jaxrpc 1.X.
I believe the release documents used to say this but I maybe
mistaken. I shall have to take a look.

That said, there may be a way to work around this. It would
require a custom serializer/deserializer that the developer would
have to implement. This would negate the portability advantage
of using a DII client. My suggestion then would be to use
a statically generated stub as a client.

Regards,
Kathy